Saturday, March 9, 2013

Nostalgia

Dreaming of the summer during this chilly winter season. 

There is something special about coming home in the summer. 
The air is sweet here and the flowers are in full bloom.  The sun seems to shine just as  bright and time with family is truly treasured.  At the city park, red and white checked table cloths are laid out while people share a picnic under the gazebo.  The scent of cherry pie and tomato salads intoxicate the air. There is a band playing songs, perhaps not of musical genius, but the efforts are honest and the players' smiles are genuine.  The town is small and full of gossiping busybodies who snicker and giggle and are always open to conversation.  In fact, some topics of interest I wish I could keep to myself. Yet, I find myself unafraid to share my life's mini endeavors with them.  I realize, away from the business and amongst the warm breeze of this town, that I miss home.  And almost, just almost, I wish I could stay longer.  But, my life is moving and I intend to keep chasing it full speed.  Still, it is nice to know that no matter where my crazy life takes me and whatever roads and rivers it may lead me across, I will always have the sweet cherry pie of summer waiting for me at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment