Monday, March 18, 2013

Tuesdays

Feeling free dancing in the ocean this spring. 

A taste of some freedom is honestly all I’m aching for. A simple touch of the delicious appeal of free-spiritedness and flight. To feel nostalgic for these present days. To miss the people who have spiraled themselves into my daily routine and think of them fondly as I run away wild with my dreams. To say to the most mundane of Tuesdays— “You no longer trap me here!” To perhaps, even scream it, without the slightest sense of shame. I want to truly have no chains. I want to grab life and slap it in the face. I want to slap the ‘reality’ of what ‘they’ say I can accomplish back at it and flash the world with the brightest of my successful scores. The bands with march, the music with play, the parade route will lengthen at the mention of it all. Colored confetti will shoot out of the crowds’ hearts. Hope will return to the masses and Tuesday will no longer just be Tuesday. Tuesdays will be days for daydreaming, whispering, listening, praying, meditating, studying ourselves, and small significant adventures.  On Wednesdays we will dance and shout and lengthen the sonographs of our proud and worthy voices like kites soaring to the heavens. We will hold hands on Thursdays and Fridays and be reassured by this simple human interaction. We will leave fingerprints of ourselves upon others and we will change one another. We will fill each others’ ears and heads with our passions. I want to taste this kind of freedom. I want to get myself out of this cage of everydayness and find something that endearingly inspires me to see the world in greens, blues, and reds. I want the warmth of the sun-kissed future of our generation to finally place itself upon my cheek. I want to discover hope and brand its essence on my chest.  I want my friends to ever be surrounded by peace and joy. A peace and joy that is humble, sincere, and so deserved. I want to lay under the stars and feel the vastness of the earth engulf me. I want to be swallowed by calm and understanding. To drown in the grace and beauty of feeling that I am exactly where I ought to be. I am ready to run dangerous fast to this freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment